Thursday, December 22, 2011

get to it

Photobucket

Someone should tell my Pandora station that I loathe Michael Buble. Every five minutes one of his Christmas songs is jammed in there. But it's sort of okay because the last such offense was followed immediately by Stevie Wonder's Someday at Christmas, which I wrapped around myself like a warm blanket combined with a hug from my nana. If you haven't heard that one in your Christmas listening, please, get to it.

Photobucket

There is not much time around these parts, I'm cranking this post out as I finish laundry, wrapping, crafting, etc., etc. But this bark was pretty decent, so I wanted to share it in case you want something else to put on your To Do List right now (cha right). I used this recipe here. You should note that you do NOT stir the sugar once it boils, you just stare at it until it turns amber colored. This will make sense if you choose to make this. Also, don't feel bad if it doesn't come out the first time. My first batch was a bust, so I skipped the caramel part all together.

Photobucket

The end result of this bark is deep and very, well, adult flavored. Paul called it "manly" and I think that is an accurate description. I don't care for it too much, but if you are a dark chocolate lover, make it. It's simple and tasty. Next time, I will make it with milk chocolate, because I like my sweets a little sweeter.

Photobucket

Merry, Merry Christmas. Good luck with the rest of the scrambling and keep in mind that it's all worth it when you get to hang out with your loved ones and EAT, DRINK and unwrap presents! As Michael Scott says: "Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It's this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'I love you this many dollars worth'" Well I love you a million dollars worth. Merry Christmas! xoxo, jess

Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.