Monday, March 6, 2017

in the weeds



You would think, based on simple mathematics, that getting two of something would simply double your workload. You would think. However, in my limited experience with children multiplying, it does not in fact double your workload. It triples. Because it’s not like you just go pickup a second two year old who already knows in general terms how to walk upright and assist in getting a jacket on. Instead you get a tiny, alien being who needs everything, sort of all the time. It’s kind of funny how it works. I’m not complaining. The work is, as I often say, exactly as much work as we thought it would be. It’s busy, but fulfilling. It’s loud, but fun. It’s messy and full and everything in between. I am quite aware that being a parent to two healthy children is very much a gift and we count our blessings daily.



What’s funny is that I also doubled, nay tripled, the workload at work this past week, when we opened up a second location. And in typical youngest child fashion, the workload on a new place is about double the general upkeep of the first. I am busy across the board. “In the weeds” as we former waitresses say. The funny thing about being in the weeds is that often times you can get super flustered and not know what task to complete first. Baby’s have a way of prioritizing your actions though...so Harris sure let’s me know when it’s time to skip the dishes and tend to him first.



It’s easy though when we are busy to let many other things slide. In my case, any semblance of healthy eating and normal portion sizes went straight out the window when I had Kid One and it’s been kind of a free for all ever since. So last week I decided to end the party and I signed back up for Weight Watchers. The first week has been pretty good….I figure if I can take the time to meal plan and track what I am eating on the same week that we open a second store and decide to start some light sleep training with our baby, well then there ain’t a week that can break me. I will admit I had a pretty fun time eating my face off while pregnant and postpartum, but it’s time to show my body the respect it deserves. I need energy and to be in shape- because otherwise the littles are going to plan a mutiny and take me out one of these days while Paul is at work.



So here I am. Undoubtedly in the weeds. At the beginning of what I know will be a lengthy but worthwhile journey to shed some serious lbs. And a mother to not one but two terrific little dudes. Workload tripled; cup runneth over; heart quintupled in size. I may not be able to write very often but this space has always been important to me and I will tuck myself in here whenever I possibly can. Next time I’ll bring food. I promise.



Instead of food this time I've included some snaps of the past few months. Some of the best, silliest and cutest.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.