Sunday, February 3, 2013

snacks for dinner

Well it's Eat Your Face Off Sunday...or I mean Super Bowl Sunday and while I'm not really the hugest fan of the grid iron big show, I am a huge fan of occasions that allow us all to eat junk food and snacks for dinner. I haven’t been cooking this week because I threw my back out (like a granny) and my routine has been dramatically upset by two days of mandatory rest, but I’m happy to report I am on the mend.

Photobucket

So, due to the fact I spent most of the week on the couch, I’m not here with a fresh recipe. Rather a collection of greatest hits, or the equivalent of when your favorite show does a flash back style clip show. That’s what I’ve got here. I’ve assembled some of the tastiest snacks from Porky Dickens’ past in case you’re still looking for something easy to make, yummy to eat and probably at least a little bit bad for you to bring to your super bowl party tonight. Enjoy!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

For snacks that are (slightly, a lil bit) healthy reach for: Roasted Carrot Hummus, Rosemary Roasted Cashews or Thai Spiced Cashews. All three taste delicious with cold beer.

For the snack spread purists, try my updated version of Classic Onion Dip, Chunky Guacamole or an easy, fresh Homemade Tomatillo and Tomato Salsa. Another snacky classic is the giant Cheeseball, because nothing says “let’s have fun” like a giant orb molded out of spreadable cheeses.

Photobucket













For more substantial snacks, my party go-tos are Calzones or my spirit food: Meatballs. Either one will make you a popular party guest. 

Photobucket


If the people in your crew are looking for sweet snacks, here are the two best cookie recipes I’ve ever made and one of the biggest crowd pleaser sweets I've ever brought to a party. 

Photobucket

Whatever you choose to make or snack on tonight, enjoy yourself. Me, I’m probably not even going to watch the game. We’re instead going to take advantage of the fact that Super Bowl Sunday is one of the best nights of the year to get into restaurants that don’t take reservations and have notoriously long wait times, so don’t worry, our plans involve food. The most football I’ll watch today is this, because I seriously can’t stop laughing at it.

Photobucket

Creative Commons License

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.