Thursday, September 20, 2012

the bigness of it all

Photobucket

Yesterday morning I stood in my kitchen, with greasy hair, a cold cup of coffee, hunched over my counter top with a paint brush in my hand and I thought to myself: I am my father's daughter.

On Tuesday afternoon I used the word "shitfaced" in a conference call with my photographer and I spent 99% of my wedding budget on the food: I am my mother's daughter.

And come Sunday morning, when all is said and done, I will be Paul's wife. And this is a big thing. The bigness of which is not at all lost on me. So while I'll ask you to forgive me for my absence in the kitchen in the past few months, and my relatively few and far between posts here on the blog. I have been busy, ironing out the little things, the "details" as they say. But the big thing, the biggest thing of all was sorted out some time ago. From the first meal I ever cooked him, to the last lunch I made as his girlfriend, not yet his wife, choosing this man to spend my life with is a very big deal and none of that is lost on me. So now the details are set and the day is almost here and seriously, I'm just really, really excited to get this show on the road. It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time. Wish us luck!

Creative Commons License

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! You won't need it. I'm so excited for you. All your planning will pay off - it makes such a huge difference. CONGRATULATIONS in advance and have so much fun. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess- wishing you and Paul a beautiful day! I bet you'll have an amazing celebration and an amazing life together- cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a beautiful wedding!! No luck needed... Have a fabulous time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't need luck, but i'll wish it for you just the same.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.